I grew up eating traditional peach pie. Similar to a basic apple pie recipe. Then I meet my future husband and all he talks about is his love for peach pie. So I do what every new girlfriend would do. Bake a pie.
But my pie was not like his moms….. where was my cream filling?!?!
My pie was not what he was envisioning …so I had to learn how to make it.
The creamy filling compliments the peaches and has become a regular staple come peach season. Enjoy!
9inch unbaked gluten free pie shell
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup gluten free flour
1/2 tsp almond extract
4cups peaches, peeled and cut
1/4 cup brown sugar
1) Get your crust and pie shell ready. Set aside.
2) To start, it’s best to put peaches in hot water to help them peel easier.
Let them sit in the water while making the cream. Trust me! They will peel so nicely.
3) combine sour cream, sugar, flour and almond extract. Stir until smooth.
4) Alternate layers of peaches and cream mixture in pie shell ending with cream mixture.
5) Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 20minutes then reduce to 350 degrees.
Bake until filling is thick and bubbly about 35minutes.
6) Sprinkle with the brown sugar and broil until gold brown. *beware it can burn quickly. Keep an eye on it*
Cool before cutting